From 1980 to the present
Numerous articles about him (front page, interviews…) in specialized magazines such as:
- Bass Player, Bassics, Frets and Bass Musician Magazine and All About Jazz (USA)
- Musicista canadese, Musik etc. e Son & Image (CANADA)
- Bass Magazine, Jazz Bass Player e Jazz Jazz Life (GIAPPONE)
- Jazzzeit, Bass Professor, Stereo Play, BASS Quarterly e Bassmeister (GERMANIA)
- Guitarist Magazine et Bassiste (FRANCIA)
- Guitar Club, The Music Magazine, Disma Musica (ITALIA)
- Musyk e Gitarai Bas (POLONIA)
- Guitar Lab (KOREA DEL SUD)
- 80-90 Listed among the best bass players by Bass Player Magazine
- Felix Award, Best Jazz Album (1983, ’84, ’86, ’87, ’90, ’91)
- Felix Award, Best Group of the Year (1984, 1989)
- Gemini Award, Best Original Score (1989)
- Felix Award, Most Recognized Artist Abroad (1990)
- SOCAN award (ASCAP), Jazz Music Category (1990)
- Oscar Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award (1991)
- Font-family: one of Down Beat Magazine’s best electric jazz bands
AS BAND LEADER
- Appearance in “Le Dictionnaire du Jazz”, published by Robert Laffont
- Appeared in American Bass Player magazine and in French Bass & Drums and Bass Magazine
- Participation in a major TV show: “Musiques au Coeur” in Paris with the trio Caron/Ecay/Lockwood
- Best “Master Bassist” of the French Guitarist magazine in both “French” and “International” categories
- Félix award best album of the year Alain Caron / Le Band
1993 to 2000
- “Best Electric Bassist” by Canadian magazine The Jazz Report for 8 years running.
- He performed a series of concerts and a live recording for “Jazz sur le Vif” broadcast on CBC Radio (Radio Canada) with Leni Stern.
- Cover of Bass Player Magazine (US)
- Cover of Bass Magazine (France)
- The prestigious American magazine Bass Player places Alain Caron in fourth place among its 10 best bass players of 1996 (Bass Player collects votes from its readers worldwide).
- Bass Player magazine classifies Alain Caron’s “Play” the Bands as one of the ten best bass albums of the decade
- Winner of the Hagood Hardy Award, in the category, original/instrumental jazz music, presented at the SOCAN Gala on 9 November 1999.
- Winner of the Hagood Hardy award, in the category, original/instrumental jazz music, presented at the SOCAN Gala on 25 November 2003.
- The Festi-Jazz International de Rimouski awards him the “Héron d’or”
- Nomination for the Juno Award in the best music category “JAZZ CONTEMPORARY ALBUM OF THE YEAR” for CD “5”.
- The University of Quebec, under the aegis of the University of Quebec at Rimouski, awarded him an honorary doctorate. It is important to note that he is the only musician to have ever received this honor.
- Appearance in the book entitled “Bass Player presents THE FRETLESS BASS” distributed by Hal Leonard
- Inauguration of the Alain-Caron music school (École de musique Alain-Caron) in Rivière-du-Loup
- Felix Award in the category ” album of the year – Jazz Creations” for the album Sep7entrion
- Oscar Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award (2013) for his solo work
- The Order of Canada recognizes with an Alain Caron award for “his contribution as a six-string electric bass virtuoso and for his role as a mentor to musicians in Canada and abroad”.